Thursday, November 10, 2011

Homework Assignments for Class 9

1) Below is the email I sent to the yahoo group for my final project object selection and conversion for the psychologically beneficial immersive environments.


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: R R <skimom09@yahoo.com>
To: "3DVR@yahoogroups.com" <3DVR@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [3DVR] I'll work on Autistic Liberation Front and Virtual Helping Hands






The two Immersive environments that I'll work on will be:
Autistic Liberation Front
Virtual Helping Hands (updated to NewWaysCounseling/Sunshine Therapy Garden, 11/26/11 another email)

Cheers~
Rose

Below are the Google 3D Warehouse bookmark links for the objects I have selected:
1. For Virtual Helping Hands - I chose two musicians for the virtual helping hands to promote wellness in the Virtual Helping Hands environment.  Below is the 3D link.
Musicians Tegan and Sara


2. For my second item, I chose the tent dome for the Autistic Liberation Front to promote wellness for the Autistic children as this enhances the Autistic Liberation Front virtual area by promoting an additional unique object for these children to work with.
Tent Dome 
Below, I saved my chosen two objects in SketchUp, converted my two objects into COLLADA (dae) format, and then dragged-and-dropped the two items Wonderland.

1.  For my first object I brought my musicians, Tegan and Sara into SketchUp, and then exported into Collada format with the below export settings under options.




2. For my second object, the Tent Dome is also show in SketchUp

Below are the Tent Dome Options in my SketchUp Export to the COLLADA (dae) format




My two objects have been dragged and dropped into Wonderland, and the screen shots below depict my avatar standing next to my objects

1. Musicians - Tegan and Sara with me in Wonderland


2. Tent Dome with my avatar inWonderland




After completion, I deleted both objects

Google Documents has been updated with my Final iED Project work




Updated with new Projects again on 11/26/11 as they have changed as of class 11

Below is the updated email from yahoo



No comments:

Post a Comment